Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
salmonfella Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
After Spending the last 3 hours reading this thread. (scotian thanks so much for sharing many a trade secret) How much i have learned just by reading one thread is amazing. my plan is something similar to Irishman except he went to Edmonton i am going to hit up Calgary for a while. My plan is to stay in a hostel for the first couple of weeks get sorted with my sin number and a mobile phone and open bank account. and also work on picking up part time work just to keep the buck coming in and in the meantime i will be getting my driving license sorted, get my work tickets sorted and start hustling like mad to get a start in the oil sands. Could anyone recommend a good place to live in Calgary for a while? somewhere with access to the c-train as i will be hopefully working in a bar downtown.

From reading the start of this thread the big thaw should be in full swing by then? (mid -April).So Hopefully i will be ready to roll with a labour job hopefully the 14/7 shift or even 1/1 but i no that would be probably very hard to get in on. i plan on doing this till September till i try to get a start in the job that's bringing me to Canada 'the oil rigs'. i really want to get a start as a lease-hand i am fully aware of how dangerous this job can be and how tough the work will be. And that i will probably get slagging and yelled at from my workmates but that's to see if i will last the job. But i don't mind on my first day of work as a young 16 year old apprentice electrician an old man told me. 'leave your feelings at them gates and you will do just fine in this job' and i did so hopefully it will work out for my on the rigs and i plan on being a motor-hand within 12-14 months. also a big thanks to Irishman again for the info on his time on the rigs. I looked forward to meeting some of dudes in Calgary or in e-town. and i cant wait to bang some of these posh Calgary girls i have heard so much aboutSmile

All the best Ross.
01-07-2013 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - salmonfella - 01-07-2013 11:21 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM