Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
salmonfella Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Irishman another great post dude. i often wondered about the personal side of oil drilling i would imagine it can be quite lonely? especially if you had landed that job fairly quickly. and maybe not had time to find a hot chick or sum mates to hang wit or grab a few pints. my plan is still the same waiting for the IEC visa to open this week (i hope) and be out in Calgary for mid march-April.
I don't want to ask you questions as i am sure you are snowed under with PMS.But just want to say cheers man for all the info especially the bit about LinkedIn . I have set up a profile and have a strong lead with an oil rig company for a lease-hand gig i have to go into them on arrival in Canada. it was simply off an e-mail i sent i came across confident and bigged myself up a fair bit.And to my surprise i got a reply back stating they would be hiring around that time with work hoping to start as soon it started to freeze again. There has been several messages over and back on LinkedIn which makes me feel confident i have a strong lead upon my arrival in Canada.I am still Hustleing like mad for any other job i can get. I cannot recommend LinkedIn enough much better then e-mails and it puts a pic to the name.
Thanks again irishman.
01-16-2013 05:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - salmonfella - 01-16-2013 05:48 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM