Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Jourgensen Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-03-2013 12:35 AM)scotian Wrote:  Look into the youth labour exchange program or whatever its called, I linked it a few times in previous pages,

I'm not too old for youth labour exchange?

Quote:although at 34 this is the last year you would qualify and I met a Croatian guy who got a job on the rigs and he said that they only hand out something like 200 of them to Croatians each year, so get on it ASAP!

Do you know his name? Maybe i know him, lots of guys from my town left to Canada.

And now, if i get my visa, as i found out through this thread, my best way is to move to Edmonton, find a first construction job i can find (how much are they paying for guys with no expirience in construction and what are the shifts?), spare some money, run those courses (what exactly, in order?) and then apply for a worker in either oil or gas industry (what's better?).

I know i have alots of questions, but i would really like to prepare myself before i make my move.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 07:24 AM by Jourgensen.)
02-03-2013 07:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Jourgensen - 02-03-2013 07:14 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM