Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Irishi Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey all,
Sorry bout rushed post last time, had to calve a cow for the brother! Thanks for the reply Scotian and the thread. Yes I looked that link up and it still looks like I will have to get a job offer to get a visa. The 48 months experience should be no prob as I was subbing work off main contractors for years and I will get a reference for same. I will make calls to the drywall companies I have already contacted and see if I can get a job offer without travelling back and forth. Hopefully I can get an offer, get out to alberta do my courses and driving licence and start work. But if I have to I will be out in a few weeks before end of Feb or March, depending on, and do the courses and licence and hit as many companies as possible. How long should I allow to get this done? would one busy week get me sorted? And a bigger problem Can I do the courses on a holiday visa?
Also do drywall companies work camps? I want to get to camp work eventually and I hope I can change from drywall work if necessary to secure camp work. I can turn my hand to most things and work and hours don't matter.
Another big problem.... Has that cheap hostel put a ban on all Irish after IRISHMAN's latest bit of bursting??!! Irishman you dog!!
Thanks for all the help, all the info is worthwhile, and all is taken on board.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 08:33 AM by Irishi.)
02-04-2013 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Irishi - 02-04-2013 08:29 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM