Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
RossTan Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!

When I did my OSSA Fall Protection course, I was at the warehouse where they built the harnesses and all the safety gear to work at heights (DBI SALA, Protecta) and when I told them I may be moving up to Fort Mac, their responses were mostly negative, saying this from "Oh jeez, that's one place I wouldn't want to go" to "It's rough over there" and even "That's kind of a stupid decision". A couple of them have been there. Not that I'm letting it get me down, but considering most of their responses were of this nature, kind of makes you think a little.

Regardless of what's being said, beggars can't be choosers. If my cousin doesn't go through with his word then I'm still employing your blueprint to make it happen. It's pretty much a waiting game for me at this point, and I'm itching to go. Even though this is all a calculated risk that I'm taking, I'm scared as fuck.

But then I watch videos like this, and I remember why I'm doing this. Going through this thread every so often helps, too.
[/quote]

People who are afraid of risk like to project their own fear onto other people so they won't feel bad about being cowards. Focus on the SUCCESSFUL and not the the unsuccessful in anything you pursue. They've decided to live lives of quiet desperation while you are seeking a greater path for yourself. Misery loves company, so leave misery behind and go forth and explore! Smile In other words....f*ck 'em! Banana
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 02:05 PM by RossTan.)
02-04-2013 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like RossTan's post:
Irishi, Thehustler, Scoop

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - RossTan - 02-04-2013 02:04 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM