Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
payne Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Scotian, outstanding resource you've put together here along with other contributors. For those of us looking at a career reboot this thing really rocks! Thank you all. I'm not thrilled with Ontario and look forward to making a move to the power prov. Choosing a path- Would you go further with why you're disinterested in working on a drilling rig? I've been looking to a basic rig training program with Enform. After which getting my foot in the door with a drilling company would be possible. however, after review, trades may be the better choice as the sheer number of ops are greater. Neither environmental challenges nor physical challenges are an issue. I'm comfortable with heights and cold as a ice climber. It's more about career success- money. I have a scaffolding opportunity out of Etown and would like to know your thoughts on this trade? Irishman, would you mind speaking to this also- rigs Vs trades? I understand you're working in the drilling sector now? Hope that's going well and to both you guys - Thanks for the help!
02-04-2013 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - payne - 02-04-2013 10:48 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM