Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Irishi Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Had a bit of a shit attack last night as my chances of getting a work permit look bleak. At 36 looks like LMO is my only option, I rang one or two companies that I sent my resumé to and all they say is that it is with their HR dept. But then I gave myself a kick up the hole and I will keep going till I get my visa.
There is an expo in Dublin in a few weeks and I will work hard there, see what I contacts I can make. I think the Federal Skills is opening in May so that is another option. Also my wife would probably qualify for a visa, but for the foreseeable future cannot move to Canada due to an ill family member, would I be able to travel as a spouse on my own??? Can anyone answer that? I also have the option of going out on a holiday visa and going to as many company offices as I can and prostitute myself to their HR people.
Salmonfella, what are you travelling on? And by the way at least the Canadians know what a cow is, how do you explain the BOG and turning and footing and refooting!!! haha. A great place to sort men from the boys.... head down arse up and get it done.
02-05-2013 05:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Irishi - 02-05-2013 05:10 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM