Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
RossTan Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-07-2013 10:14 AM)Jourgensen Wrote:  I was talking with my neighbour, 55 years old, driver and mechanic for life. He drove from Croatia to Russia hundreds of times (that's like i don't know 3000 miles), worked on all kinds of cranes, heavy machinery, drove all existing trucks. So, we had a little chat and i told him about this, and how dump truckers are making like 50$ per hour, and he went bonkers. But i guess he has no chance cause of his age and the fact he's not very good at english, despite the enormous expirience, right?

He picks up his English, reading and writing enough to communicate. He has a great opportunity. As long as he's healthy, can pass a physical, he will be welcome. I've met many folks who think "Oh, I'm over 50." and think they are out of work....NO! Trades need skilled and experienced people to work.
02-07-2013 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RossTan's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - RossTan - 02-07-2013 12:44 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM