Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
RossTan Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-15-2013 03:33 PM)hiphoppotamus Wrote:  For those who want to go into drilling, check out this show: http://www.licencetodrill.ca/episodes.aspx?season=3

Episode 2: Greenhorns: That's pretty much 100 percent what a Floorhand will be doing. They captured it well! Smile And as mentioned since rigs are Non-Union, the driller can send you home whenever for whatever reason. Move to slow, send ya home! You get your pay check and that's that. Come late more than once, BAM driller sends you away. Service rigs gotta hit their drilling quotas and the driller gets his bonus by running a tight team.

I got harassed for wearing my face mask one time, one driller told me, "I gotta warn you right now, it's -20, it ain't that cold, some drillers will send you home if they can't see your face clearly."

-20 is STILL cold to me! Tongue
02-15-2013 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RossTan's post:
Lux Interior

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - RossTan - 02-15-2013 09:00 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM