Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(03-04-2013 01:30 PM)salmonfella Wrote:  Irishman are ya still in canada if so how ya getting on? miss reading about your process hope your still making good coinSmile

Ya to be honest I had stopped contributing to this particular thread. Fair play to Scotian for always updating with solid info but for now I don't really have to much more to add of value that has not been said before.

To update; My job is going great. I worked around 26 days in Jan, 15 in Feb and think Ill end up working over 20 days this month.

Spring break up is approaching fast though so I will be off for 6-8 weeks very soon although I have a feeling that I might get work right through that period but will have to wait and see. If not I am going to try for bar or cafe work. Something social to meet some people around Edmonton.

My social life has been suffering a bit from working so much out of town.

As for conditions at work it could not be much easier. I bought some gym gear that fits in the back of my truck nicely so I work out everyday before work. I am doing as much reading as I can and try to make the most of my time. So far I have done maybe 10 minutes work in the last 6 hours. It is crazy how easy this job is although it is kind of a bad thing- very little job satisfaction and not much interaction with other people. One thing that is huge is you have to get along with the people you do interact with very well. There are 4 of us living in a shack for 2 weeks straight so got to be smart about not annoying anyone and keeping on good terms.

For my last two weeks off I did a week in Edmonton and a week in Calgary.If you have time when you arrive do a week in the Calgary HI Hostel. I was busy during the days so didn't hang around the hostel but I still managed to meet a lot of people there and had some great nights out. Went out three nights with people from there and went home with girls from the hostel 2 of those nights. Didn't sleep with either though- got cockblocked by a friend the 1st night and the second girl got way too drunk so I let someone else deal with it. I am texting the second girl right now though so it should happen soon.

There is a lot of talent around and the hostel is way more relaxed then Edmonton. I hear the hostel in Baniff is better again...Just buy some drinks, grab a seat in the kitchen and talk to everyone. Hostel game 101 really.

Oh ya the rock climbing walls in Calgary are OVERFLOWING with talent. Like crazy amounts. If you live in Calgary go to the indoor rock climbing walls. Hot friendly super fit girls everywhere haha.

I am getting my flat sorted for April 1st so will be based more out of Edmonton then. I have been homeless since Dec 1st at the moment although it has been a lot of fun.

Once I get settled I am going to have to work on getting some ladies on the go again. This year so far has been below par. Lots of numbers and club makeouts but its been hard to convert those to lays. The girls here are more challenging then back home so I am still having to adjust my game. The in/out of town set up is hard on your game and I have still to give online game a proper go.

While before girls would naturally be attracted to and part of my lifestyle and social circle here its hitting the pavement and working the bars. But that's life and you learning to adjust your game is always good in the long run. Summer is on the way though so will be expecting to step up my game big time!

Any questions before you arrive Salmonfella?
03-06-2013 11:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Atlantic's post:
scotian, pitt, salmonfella, Vacancier Permanent, DjembaDjemba, Sylvester

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 03-06-2013 11:43 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM