Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Albertron Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey guys, quick update. Got a job with a well-servicing company. As per my offer letter, it says that once I'm done my probation (3 months) I'll be starting out as a floorhand on the service rigs. I'll be on-call and right now work isn't too consistent due to spring break-up, but once the summer kicks in, the recruiter tells me to expect to work 21 days straight with a minimum 3 days off in between. As scotian mentioned, I'll have to be the company's go-to guy and I have every intention to be. Having a car is a huge bonus here too, because the recruiter mentioned that most of her guys don't have cars so they're pretty much useless to them unless they can get a bus to them. Oh, and the recruiters here are fucking BABES. WOW.

I honestly cannot add anything that hasn't been said in this thread. I used this thread as a template for my game plan and it worked well. Obviously there are hurdles that are unique to each person's situation, and some obstacles that you simply cannot plan for, but if you're not prepared for such difficulty then you should probably re-think your motive to move.
03-09-2013 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like Albertron's post:
rdvirus, salmonfella, Vacancier Permanent, John Mack, Atlantic, scotian, a.canuck

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Albertron - 03-09-2013 02:52 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM