Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
r_passion Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Regarding Canadian immigration to help clarify a few points:

The 1 year work permits available (with a 1 year option) under the IEC program is a reciprocal thing. I. E. so many Canadians are eligible to apply for an exact equivalent in UK, Ireland, Norway, (not US), etc etc etc and vice versa. It's tit for tat in the amount of time allowed and everything except for Ozzies who pretty much have it unlimited until the age of 30. These visas strictly speaking have you down as a temporary resident so there are some barriers to living in Canada with that as previously mentioned.

Currently and also in the case of Alberta, the absolute no bullshit best option to get in if you have some kind of trade already is the PNP program (if you don't have a trade then see what options you have in your country of residence to build yourself up). Google it and research it for yourselves; I am not going into that for you. Currently the Federal option appears to be both limited and the amount of trades is much lower but still look it up for sure - it may yet work out for you.

I have played the immigration game and won as I have full permanent resident status in Canada now after 2 years. I will be ending up in the whole 6 figures deal in my own time but everyone on this can make it work if they try hard enough. Just never mess with immigration here - they will bounce you if you misrepresent yourself at the border.

The work is out there guys and it's not a joke. The Bitumen isn't going away and the pipelines WILL get built eventually. That is 2 generations worth of Phat overtime right there and then. Good luck and don't give up.

Peace
03-17-2013 06:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes r_passion's post:
scotian

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - r_passion - 03-17-2013 06:31 PM