Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
salmonfella Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
really? why would the Alberta apprenticeship board say differently to me then? are they registered apprentices with Alberta board? or are they just being told they are and used for cheap labour? l i have 3 and a half years experience in electrical as a registered Irish apprentice that has been made redundant here in Ireland and they wont count that as i don't have PR so i cant understand how they would allow people with no experience on a 2 year visa undertake an apprenticeship which is 4 years long? i tried contacting the electrical union in Calgary but was told to contact AIT so i did and they told me i would not be able to get my hours counted or start and apprenticeship. and they also warned me that electrical is a regulated trade in Alberta and that if i was caught working in it i would be in for fines so i look forward to hearing from ya lux help a fellow Irish man out if ya can at all as this bit of information has made my month i would love to get into the oil sands as a skilled electrician if i could instead of an unskilled laborer.
Thanks Ross.Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 08:02 PM by salmonfella.)
03-19-2013 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - salmonfella - 03-19-2013 07:43 PM