Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Jack Of All Trades Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Guys I've been in Edmonton for 3 days so far. People are really nice here! they are so friendly and helpful. I applied to 2 companies today, but it took forever without a car and a lot of industrial areas are impossible to reach without one! You should definitely get a friend who has a car to drive you around to apply or someone because there is no public transit to ALOT of industrial areas and also the surrounding counties. This makes walk in applications and potential walk in interviews impossible. Wasting my day trying to get to sherwood park with public transit to drop off an application was frustrating so I faxed it instead. On a better note I walked through an industrial area and theres signs EVERYWHERE that were hiring. As I was taking the bus around town I saw a lot of places with big hiring signs.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013 08:00 PM by Jack Of All Trades.)
03-25-2013 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Of All Trades's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Jack Of All Trades - 03-25-2013 07:58 PM