Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
salmonfella Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(03-27-2013 05:35 PM)Portuguese Wrote:  Hi there finally got my Permanent Resident visa!!!!!!Arrive in toronto 13 april start working in a companie on the 15th!!!Take my drivers license,a few courses, earn good money and next year try to go to fort mac or edmonton!!!I am gonna work with a front loader and excavator too!!!If im not going to fort mac i will try fort nelson in the mines!!!!The prioritie is fort mac,alberta or calgary but if i can find something in the heavy operators i will try in BC then(got a cousin in Vancouver)!!!!!!!So this is my last 2 weeks in Portugal start organizing things couse my mind is already in Canada!!!I feel that i will at least try to work in the oil sands!!!I work with excavators 3/4 years ago(with 6 years experience) and since i found this thread my dream of working with some of the biggest machines in the word is now bigger then ever!!!!and if the dream come thru i hope to find and met some of the most influent persons in this forum!!!!(Sorry about my english,i can sepeak and understand better then writting)!!!!!!!

That's great mate since your have your PR why don't you do an apprenticeship? if i was you i would be a linesman i am an Irish electrician and have done a bit of lines work in the past here in Ireland. i believe its huge over in canada with it even having its own 4 year apprenticeship. i believe in canada the trade is called Power Lineman. it would be one i would be defiantly checking out if i was you. your so lucky not that your PR you have so many different apprenticeships to choose from i have checked out canada's apprenticeship training and it seems to be a great set up. unlike Ireland when we become redundant no help is giving to us at all. it seems canada is leading the front and training up top notch apprentices. Also you could be a construction plant fitter working on heavy duty vehicles defiantly check out the apprenticeship route. i just wish i had PR so i could do the linesman apprenticeship as there is no such apprenticeship here in Ireland. bar the esb and there registered as normal electrical apprentices.

I wish you all the best and be sure to keep us informed on how you get onSmile
03-27-2013 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - salmonfella - 03-27-2013 07:55 PM