Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(04-05-2013 03:46 PM)salmonfella Wrote:  Lads what kind of licence do ye have ? Irishman i was in contact with e-town alberta services and they told me i would be only able to get a probation class 5 is this worth anything to me? they said i would have to drive on this 1 year before being able to go for the advanced class 5. any help be great it dosnt sound great but it sounds a lot better then the class 7 haha

Im on my phone but Ill answer best I can:

Go to your county council before you leave and ask for a full print out of your driving record. Preferably get it since you got you provisional licience.

When you com over you will hqve to do you class 7 multiple choice and an eye test. Google class 7 driving preperation guide and there is a good website with sample questions etc. Read the guide too that you can collect at any Regestry (where you do your test). A couple of hours study will be enough to pass. I think I did around 40 minutes and guessed quite a few.

Right once you have that apply for your full class 5 road test. Again read online about what they will test you on. Its all kinda basic compared to Ireland I thought but make sure you know what they are looking for. If you fail no worries you can book again for the next day. No 14 week waiting list like back home.

Once tou pass demand a full class 5. Tell them you were told you would get one, that you cant work without it, that you have x amount of years driving experience etc. Dont leave till you get it. I argued for about 2 hours and got my 3rd provisional Irish licience turned into a class 5! I never even passed a driving test back home haha

Once you land PM me wth your number and Ill talk ya through it
04-05-2013 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atlantic's post:
salmonfella

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 04-05-2013 04:16 PM