Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
John Mack Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hahaha. Nice one Scotian. Keep it comin'

Caught a few whiffs of that familiar aroma the other day walking past some guys down the street near where I live haha.

Yeah that sort of 'initiation' you had seems to be the same the world over. Let's get the new guy as hammered and stoned as possible - see how he holds up.

When I got up to the pipeline in Oz, it was the same deal.
About 15 beers and 20 bucket bongs later, it was safe to say I was proper fucked, but still conscious (just about) which they seemed quite impressed about.
It's a type of friendly pissing contest - they were quite proud of their beer and weed in Queensland and were determined to show it off for the out-of-towner.
When you're in a situation like that and being challenged, sometimes the best thing to you can do is shit your pants, dive in and swim: Slam your fist on the table, point your finger menacingly around the room and with a wide-eyed look on your face snarl something like "I'll drink, smoke and snort...fucking DOUBLE what any of you motherfuckers can, and still run a mile!" It's a great icebreaker. Smile
04-10-2013 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like John Mack's post:
scotian, Zeus, Vacancier Permanent, Habsguy, Thehustler

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - John Mack - 04-10-2013 08:00 PM