Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Albertron Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(04-12-2013 07:14 PM)salmonfella Wrote:  Guys i see this on an Irish job recruitment website they really must be stuck for service rig workers is this really the case??

What would the excellent working conditions mean? haha

The position they're hiring for is pretty much what I'm doing now. Depending on the type of service rig, they operate all year-round. Due to road bans and such, the mobile service rigs are the ones that get shut down but there are permanent service rigs that still need hands to keep them going. Technically, the starter position on a service rig is a trainee, so you'll be one above that position, and boy do they make you work.

45 hrs per week? Seems like some pretty lax hours, probably due to the shutdown.

The weather's starting to get warmer here, hence their take on 'excellent working conditions', i.e. no extreme cold or heat. Though you may be walking through some thick mud, I guess that depends on the temperature around May time.

Anyway, apply if you haven't already. They say some experience required but I started green, so you should be fine.
04-13-2013 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Albertron's post:
salmonfella, scotian

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Albertron - 04-13-2013 12:01 PM