Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scouse Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hi guys, this is definitely an interesting thread.

I came across this thread as I was looking for work ideas as I'm planning to apply for a working holiday visa for 2015, although I would consider applying for a work visa instead.

I'm from the UK, I have a double BSc (hons) in Computer Forensics & Cyber Security, from which I have recently graduated, along with a bunch of computer certs, and am thinking about doing an MSc Telecommunications starting September. I have six years experience as a bus driver, and have two years experience as an FLT driver (reach & counter balance). I am also first aid at work qualified, and would consider any other courses that would aid me in finding work.

Whilst I would prefer to get into some kind of engineering / computing position, I have nothing against manual labour as most of my family are roofers and I have done some labouring for them in my spare time. I imagine I would be able to complete at least some kind of entry level course over the next 18 months.

Also, my brother is a chef with over a decade of experience including working 18 hour days on cruise liners. Do you know what the prospects would be for a chef finding work up there?

I appreciate any kind of advice you could offer.

Thanks in advance.
05-09-2013 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scouse - 05-09-2013 02:15 PM