Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
RossTan Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(05-10-2013 05:35 AM)salmonfella Wrote:  Hey guys does anyone know does Power-line Technician company's be recruiting often? or do they ever recruit positions for the likes of a helper something along the lines of a Welders assistant. i would love to get into that area as it is mega coin and then after my couple of years do as scotian suggested apply for my PR and backdate my work any help would be great. i have served 80% of an Irish apprenticeship as an electrician and since i cant work in this area in canada as its regulated i am hoping that might help me land a gig in the power line game. any help would be great i am sure ye guys would no if i would have a chance of getting a job in it or not. CheersSmile

Sorry about the double post i tryed to edit the above to include this message but it would not allow it.

As a helper with Electricians you'll be hauling cables, cutting wires. Some openings are there for sure. Check the link below to see if your current experience may help. Met a guy from Ghana a few years back, trained o be an Electrician in the UK, came to Canada, for a few months he worked at a Warehouse until he landed an Apprenticeship. TO my knowledge he studied the modules, passed, so he got the book work done and started filling in his work hours for Journeyman certification.

http://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/experiencedworkers/

indeed.ca <--job search engine.
05-10-2013 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - RossTan - 05-10-2013 10:26 PM