Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
RossTan Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(05-11-2013 06:39 AM)Pete Wrote:  I never thought of it serioursly. But I just saw a website that offers training
http://www.mdslimited.ca/

They explicitly say you will probably have to get trained again if you're hired, but I'm wondering if taking that training would be a good way to get a foot in the door? If it is I might take it. Anyone have any experience with it?

Depending on the cost, it's worth looking into if you want to do this for a career. Get a feel if it's for you through the course. I took Enform's pre-employment for drilling, cost me $1200 at the time. Was it worth it for a week? My personal opinion, yes. I realized I had zero interest in working the rig life. Tongue Fun experience though. And even at Enform they said "what we teach is our way to be safe, when you get out there the crew will probably do things a little different, don't argue with 'em if you want to keep your job." Tongue

Nova Scotia also has a Pipefitting/Steamfitter course in one of their colleges. I would recommend that over the Roughneck course any day if their tuition costs are similar!
05-11-2013 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - RossTan - 05-11-2013 11:39 AM