Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
RossTan Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
THis is odd..why did my post get deleted? It was relevant to the topic.

Vacancy rates in Edmonton are a whole lot higher and cheaper than Calgary.
http://www.rentfaster.ca <----For anyone picking a city to live in for the beginning. Edmonton is it, hands down. Just look at the listings.
More reasons I would recommend Edmonton initially over Calgary:
Edmonton is a Trades town, the people are not as pretentious as Calgary.
Edmonton has MORE Lotto winners than Calgary, 'cause more people play the Lotto in Edmonton.
Lotto is relevant because as you work your Trade job you may want to pool with other workers and enter a Lotto draw. More than once, a group of oil workers have WON 50 and 20 million dollar jackpots. Their location:Edmonton and surrounding area.

Exercise ALL options to build your bankroll. Employment income, real estate investing, lotto plays (sparingly).

As for women, in my opinion, a hole is a hole. Nothing to lose any sleep over. Keep the main plan the main plan. Women will always be there anyway.

I like Edmonton, despite the crappy roads, the people rock in that city 'cause they aren't afraid to get dirty to earn a living. Male or female. Saw me more than once a cute girl working landscaping and another driving a UPS truck. I've never seen that in Calgary in the 12 years I've lived here.

Anyone want to start a good career and not worry about the superficial status symbols, Edmonton is THE place in my opinion. Millionaires I've met in Edmonton, drink beer, and wear jeans and look as scruffy as everyone else. Tongue

IN my opinion you can focus more in Edmonton on your main goal of building major bank. If LTR is also your goal, Edmonton over Calgary. As I mentioned before, the people in the SPring BLOOM. Fathers play with their children like it's their last day on Earth after working all those months away from home, the look in their wife's eyes...total appreciation.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 11:20 PM by RossTan.)
05-21-2013 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like RossTan's post:
Vacancier Permanent, Lux Interior, salmonfella

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - RossTan - 05-21-2013 11:19 PM