Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Lux Interior Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(06-02-2013 10:26 AM)Super Carpenter Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 07:55 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  SP, welcome to the forum. Your best bet to find what you're looking for is to go to Edmonton for a couple of weeks or so. No way around it really. Best of luck!

Huh, I suppose that might be my best bet. Thanks.
I got a bud up there right now anyways.
Just don't really have the money or time to go up there right now.
Where there is a will, there is a way! Wink

(06-01-2013 08:22 PM)RossTan Wrote:  Keep reading there's a whole page that mentioned tips for Carpenters. Yup should be around pages 30 and 40. indeed.ca is your best search tool. If your a ticketed carpenter, indeed.ca, JV Drivers has work in BC. Lots of construction projects happening in Edmonton and Calgary. Smile

Checked out the pages u suggested. Thanks.
I didn't find what I was looking for on indeed or JV. However, I found a lot of postings for other trades.
I am sure that something will come up if I check the posting regularly.
Smile

PCL
Jacobs
Bird
Flint
Jv Driver
KBR
Fluor
Pacer
Ellis Don
Aecon
BFI
Graham
Atco
Carmac
Worley Parsons
Park Deroiche
Ledcor
Kiewitt
Casman
Pagnotta
Corgan
CBS

All of these companies employ camp carpenter's in and around the Fort Mac area, if you are ticketed you should have no problem finding work.

I would call up the HR department in each one of these companies until I got a job, ask to arrange an interview rather than for a job directly, once you get the interview you're as good as hired.

Just be sure to have your safety courses done in advance CSTS and OSSA Orientation are essential.
Confined Space permit, OSSA Fall arrest and H2S Alive are also important but not always essential.

There is also the Carpenter's Union hall 1325 or if things get really bad CLACWink
06-02-2013 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Lux Interior's post:
scotian, RossTan, Vacancier Permanent, jinuuu

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Lux Interior - 06-02-2013 10:48 PM