Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
celticman Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey everyone! I was posting before xmas about my plans to get out to the oilsands and start making some good money. After what felt like an eternity and many, many headaches regarding the IEC visa, I have just received my letter of acceptance and I am getting ready to roll.

Thanks once again to everyone on the thread and a particular thank you to Lux, Irishman and Scotian. I feel that the information contained in the thread has prepared me for what lies ahead, both good and bad!! My plan, like many others, is to look for rig work and I am confident of achieving this. I plan on arriving in Alberta in late August which should give me a good chance of hunting down work before the main drilling season gets going.

I am curious to know if Alberta is showing any signs of slowing down or are the opportunities as good as ever? I was just thinking that with the massive influx of foreign workers, maybe the demand within the industry has slowed? I know plenty of UK and Irish firms are now recruiting and organizing visas for all kinds of trades men. Where once it was relatively unheard of, now everyone seems to know someone who is heading for the oilsands... Including myself!!

Anyway, thanks yet again to everyone who has contributed to such an engrossing thread!!
06-03-2013 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like celticman's post:
scotian, Vacancier Permanent, Heinrich, Lux Interior

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - celticman - 06-03-2013 02:41 PM