Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
The RVF oil sands meet up went very well, I had a massive hang over all day yesterday from all of the drinks that the boys bought me, there were six of us there; myself, Kick, Irishman, Djemba, Habsfan and Zeeman. We all got pretty drunk and hit up a few bars on Whyte Ave, I can't remember much of what happened towards the end of the night but I woke up on djemba's sofa the next morning in one piece, thanks again for letting me crash.

I'm off to a small town in southern Saskatchewan tomorrow to work a shut down at a coal fired electrical plant for the next 3-4 months, will probably work 24/4, not sure if I'll even come back to Etown or not, we'll see. I will likely move back to Edmonton when the job is done as my tenant's lease is up in my condo, so I'll probably move into it in the fall.

So this year I may not even work in the oil sands, we'll see whats happening come the fall, I wouldn't doubt that I end up there but I'm going to try to spend more time in Edmonton over the next year or so.

Again, good to meet up with you guys, hopefully we all see each other again in the coming months.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
06-09-2013 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like scotian's post:
Vacancier Permanent, RossTan, Atlantic

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 06-09-2013 03:22 PM