Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(07-01-2013 05:32 PM)John Mack Wrote:  I'm in the beer garden of O'Byrnes if anyone is near Whyte Ave. Black baseball cap.

I wish I could join you, I've been stuck in Estevan, Saskatchewan for the past three weeks and this place is a real shit hole. The only exciting thing that has happened since I've been here was that the plant site I'm working on was shut down yesterday due to an issue with asbestos, all of the workers walked off (union site) until they correct the problem, which should be tomorrow. Imagine 2000 tradesmen being let off work during a long weekend, in a small town of about 10,000 people, I didn't even bother going out last night but according to the news on the radio, several people spent the night in the drunk tank for public intoxication, fighting, lewd behavior, etc. I heard that once word got out that the plant was down, hookers and drug dealers were on their way from Regina , we'll see how many guys show up to site tomorrow.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
07-01-2013 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like scotian's post:
John Mack, Vacancier Permanent, Moma, DjembaDjemba

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 07-01-2013 06:02 PM