Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Quote:Scotian

Holy shit Irishman, you gotta slow down buddy! I hope you're recovered now and back to work but don't push yourself too hard, although I admire your work ethic, if its fucking you up physically, tone it down a bit.

Ha ya man I have done a recovery week and am now back to full health. I cut back on the girls and reduced my hours at work while eating better and spending more time relaxing. Hopefully a lesson here for the people reading about keeping a good work/social balance in the oil sands.

In a way it was good to know how hard I can push myself and I have changed things up to prevent it happening again.

Quote:Vacancier Permanent

Irishman, how's going buddy? That's hardcore man! Great hustling man! How is your drilling company going?

Good, was meant to head out drilling today but it got cancelled last minute because of the rain last night. Should be heading out sometime this weekend. Things will start to pick up again coming into the winter months. I have a feeling its going to be a very busy winter for drilling.

Whats your plan?
Are you still thinking of coming out or just keeping on eye on whats happening out here?

Quote:DLZ

Irishman: Out of curiosity, do guys in the oilpatch ever mistake you for a newfie?

Sometimes. I have also got scotish/english/austrailian/new zelander haha. I have to change the way I talk quite a bit for people to undertsand me. I talk quite fast when I am around other Irish and we all kind of mutter in general.

Quote:Salmonfella

Lads any of ye no are the oil company's hireing for the sands yet?I am in Calgary now finding it great but would like to head north now Irishman how goes it in e town bro?

They will start to hire a lot more coming into September and October. I would try make a trip up to Leduc with a resumer, H2S alive ticket, first aid, class 5 and a truck (or at least say you have one).
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 05:56 PM by Atlantic.)
07-22-2013 05:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Atlantic's post:
RossTan, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 07-22-2013 05:25 PM