Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(07-22-2013 08:02 PM)Kdog Wrote:  So I have sent a lot of emails and I have only gotten a few back. So far I have 2 for sure managers to call in the trade I'm interested in once I arrive. I have written down all the phone numbers for places I have sent my resume/driver abstract to. I'm just wondering, what time do you guys think is best for calling and reaching the managers or people in charge on hiring? I would like to have a good 5 or more appointments set up for when I arrive so I have something to work on. I know I will feel better and get much better responses when I start hitting the pavement! I was talking to my friend about drilling and well service rigs and he was telling me its really not as big of a deal like it's made out to be once you get over the mental aspect of it. It is very tempting as you start out at 8-10k a month for a lease/floor hand, but I really don't think I am cut out for that insane labour. Also unless you do something like Irishman I don't think its much of a career especially once you get into 30s-40s and your body starts to break down.

Avoid Monday mornings and Friday afternoons, I think Wednesday at 2PM is the perfect time to call.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
07-22-2013 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 07-22-2013 09:46 PM