Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Exactly my thoughts about working on a rig. Though it is quite tempting.
Are you guys watching this show called "Licence to Drill"? It's about a group of guys working on rigs all over Alberta. From the looks of it, the guys are pretty cool and chill with the newbies, which is quite the opposite of all the horror stories I heard when talking to guys when I was in Edmonton last fall.
So what's the scoop when it comes to working on a rig? How physically demanding is it? And how badly are the new guys treated on rig?

Irish, good to hear man! I'm following this very closely. I'm totally not sure what to do: one part of me wants to be on the first plane to Edmonton and work there for a while and another part of me wants to keep hustling at my online biz. Ah decisions decisions!

(07-22-2013 08:02 PM)Kdog Wrote:  I was talking to my friend about drilling and well service rigs and he was telling me its really not as big of a deal like it's made out to be once you get over the mental aspect of it. It is very tempting as you start out at 8-10k a month for a lease/floor hand, but I really don't think I am cut out for that insane labour.
07-23-2013 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 07-23-2013 07:35 PM