Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
MicTyson Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(07-24-2013 03:17 PM)Irishman Wrote:  To be honest the rigs arnt that bad and the pay makes up for it and then some. At the worst you don't like your first two week rotation but you still made 4-5k and can switch to something else. Forget the stories, forget what someone told you, just go out and work two weeks and figure it out yourself. Its not going to kill you and you'll have a cool story and made some coin.

I guess if Scotian is the Oilsands authority then you are the rigs authority. I've been thinking more and more about applying to a rig and saw License to Drill today. Seems like the biggest problem is the isolation but that can be combated with a couple books a kettlebell and a laptop. When you're getting ready to start a rotation when do you usually head out to the camp or lodging you'll be staying at? 2-3 days before hand or sooner? And I know you work in below zero conditions but when you were a greenhand/deckhand did you ever have an issue of overheating in the coveralls?
07-24-2013 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MicTyson's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - MicTyson - 07-24-2013 08:38 PM