Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
MicTyson Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Well a big thank you to both of you guys is in order as well as everyone on here who contributes and asks questions. Irishman why did you have such a long shutdown? Is it possible for you to jump company to company like everyone else in Alberta seems to do? I would very much like to start on a rig this winter and I guess my game plan is as follows, I'm going to drive to Edmonton hopefully Septemberish, I have a place to live and I know a girl who works for a safety training company so I'll see if I can throw some charm and penis her way for a discount. Other than that I don't have a family of my own so I'll be good to work any length of rotation or shift needed and would want to get started right away ( not moving to Edmonton for the sights and sounds). I figure I can print up 50 or so resumes and hit up the drilling head offices.

Being an insider do you know of any companies to avoid? I don't care about embarrassing nicknames since I have a few already I mean safety wise. I'm also guessing from you saying a 4-8 hour drive you're not always going to the same rig. Does that change rotation to rotation or is it based off of where you're needed as a measurement guy?
07-31-2013 02:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - MicTyson - 07-31-2013 02:18 AM