Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Habsguy Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
for those interested to work in the rigs i strongly suggest reading this thread it has more than 200 pages
a lot of good info about the work conditions , positions , salaries, time of the year to make the move and tons of success and horror stories
it started on 2004 and still going to this day
http://www.reality-check.ca/threads/3956...h-Columbia
and yes i've read 214 pages i wouldn't make such a decision without doing my homework
it was the first thread that i read about work in the oil and gas industry in alberta

it's been a longtime since i've read it, to sum it up
1- you need to get H2S, CSTS, first aid and a valid DL
2- service rigs are busy all year long , drilling rigs are busy from september to april
3-service rigs are physically more demanding
4-for entry level position you need to make the move to the following towns and apply in person : Red Deer ,Nisku , Calgary, Grande Prairie etc
5- best time of the year for green guys to apply is on late august / early september
*one of the guys can correct the info about the rigs if i'm mistaken
@ Rosstan dropping knowledge as usual
my roommate got his first job in Edmonton with qmm, he applied in person and got a job on the spot ,if you have a valid passport and tell them you are willing to travel , they have a lot of travelling opportunities in the us and western provinces it's not a bad gig for guys on the down time/winter to make cash
07-31-2013 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Habsguy's post:
RossTan, Vacancier Permanent, pitt, scotian

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Habsguy - 07-31-2013 07:00 PM