Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
MicTyson Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(07-31-2013 10:42 PM)RossTan Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 09:30 PM)MicTyson Wrote:  You would figure a truck would be out of it's element. We had a big snowstorm in Niagara around January and my friends truck wouldn't move at all due to the lack of weight in the back. I'm worried I'll either have to stay in Ontario until I can buy a truck or work a shitty job in Edmonton until I can afford one. Either way by the time I can buy one the drilling season will be over.

Dafuq! Angry

Worry is as effective as trying to solve algebra by chewing bubblegum!

You have a choice. Take ALL the advice throughout these pages, apply it, or stay where you are. No one is holding back with the information. You're coming up with excuses despite the generous advice and links people on the ground are providing!

Two types of people in this life, people who make excuses and people that make money. Which one are you?

Read this thread again, take notes! Go do! There is no try, only do! If you're truly serious about this, plan and get out there! Life and opportunity will pass you by if all you look for is excuses!
Go, DO! Punchballs

I might not be understanding what you're saying. You're saying I should say fuck it and make the move without a truck? I am truly serious, and I have planned, I have a place to live, maps of the area, and a back-up job at a restaurant. The only issue is I've been laid off and have spent the majority of my savings eating and having a roof over my head. That's not an excuse, that's circumstance.
07-31-2013 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - MicTyson - 07-31-2013 11:47 PM