Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(08-01-2013 10:30 PM)MicTyson Wrote:  Irishman I figured I'd ask you one more question. What is the pay cycle like on the rigs? Every week, 2 weeks? And is direct deposit available?

Every company is different but as a leasehand it will most likely be as follows. Your gear will be provided free but taken back out of your first paycheck. After working your first two week rotation you will recieve the money earned a week later. Most likely by direct deposit.

As an MWD it can vary. Since you are sometimes hired as a 'consultant' you charge by the month and then get paid at the end of the next month. If you worked the first week of June you would not see that money till the last day of July. My own company works a bit differently and I get paid every two weeks.

(08-02-2013 04:38 AM)MicTyson Wrote:  but unlike you guys these people all hate their lives and have nothing but negative things to say about the oil and gas industry.

Don't let that stop you. It is what you make it.
08-02-2013 05:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 08-02-2013 05:42 AM