Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Albertron Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(08-06-2013 01:09 PM)BigIrish Wrote:  CSTS , H2S and first aid done ive got myself a place to live . Ive got a job in camp labouring at 28 bucks an hr 3wks on and 1week off that's if I want the job I haven't accepted it yet because I've got someone taking me out to Nisku sometime this week to throw out my Resume and cover letters to the big guns out there so I'll see how that pans out first before I do anything.

The fella taking me out is an MWD so he will most likely give me a few pointers for when I get there he said I will most probably get work on a service rig due to the time of year. But if any of you guys have advice aswell then I would very much like to hear it because you can never know too much and I want to fully maximize my chances of getting a start

Thanks

Take the job. Don't wait 'for something better' or to see 'how it pans out'. 28 bucks an hour is as good as it gets to start off. You can always look for a better job while you've secured one already.
08-06-2013 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Albertron's post:
Atlantic, RossTan, Vacancier Permanent, scotian

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Albertron - 08-06-2013 05:09 PM