Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
?Kick Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(08-11-2013 07:44 PM)RossTan Wrote:  Screw the brother hood if you got a coke head running a heavy equipment while you're working on site. Some things warrant DISOWNING a family member! Angry They know the rules, they break 'em, they are adult enough to live with the consequences. That's called being a grown up. If they aren't ready for that, they shouldn't be in Trade work.

No snitchin policy only protects the violators, not the victims. Allows the violators to act with impunity. F*ck that! Angry Sites can get shut-down for people being negligent with safety. A site shut down means NO WORK, NO CASH FLOW! So think about that before letting violations slide.

Stand up for something or be walked on like a doormat. Nothing manly about not standing up for what's right. It's more beta to go along to get along than have conviction to stand up for what's right. Frankly, if one is so scared about losing a job by reporting a violation then that's a fool, in my opinion. No one should put themselves in a position where they feel they can't walk away. That's how you get turned out. Tongue Might as well put on a pair of heels and a skirt, and stand on a street corner.

If you got an incompetent Safety Co-ordinator, find another crew or company to work with. Can't enjoy the fruits of your labour when you're in the hospital or dead, due to an unsafe work site.

Stitches for the snitches PreacherTan. I don't know what the fuck you're preaching on about. Something about how to get turned out and walking street corners in heels? Anyway, I think you have failed to realize what my point was. I never mentioned anything about being walked over like a doormat and letting guys get away with reckless behaviour. I said deal with it like a man. Not like a little snot nosed, pre-school tattle tale, running off to find the closest safety officer for protection. There's a name for guys like that in the patch, it's called Site Princess.
08-12-2013 12:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like ?Kick's post:
DjembaDjemba, Albertron

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - ?Kick - 08-12-2013 12:18 AM