Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Thehustler Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
So I see my post stirred up quite some discussion. Keep in mind it was written in good humor, and there's no way in hell that I'd have reported that incident. I guess you need to work in the patch for a while to understand the mentality.

Yes it's not perfect behavior but keep in mind you're not working in a pc office and the atmosphere is much more flexible and relaxing. Took me a while to get used to it, NOBODY is trying to lit themselves to fire or trying to harm themselves but on the other hand a lot of people don't wear proper PPE & stuff. Is it 100% safe? maybe not so but do they get the job done? Hell yes. All I can say about me is that I try to work as safely as possible and stay away from trouble, if someone is doing something unsafe that could potentially harm me, I'll simply avoid that area of work. But you can't be running around snitching people lmao.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 01:36 AM by Thehustler.)
08-12-2013 01:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Thehustler - 08-12-2013 01:24 AM