Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(09-14-2013 10:35 PM)Tokyo Wrote:  For those considering moving up to the Oil sands for work. I would recommend getting a fly in fly out 7 on 7 off or similar type of set up. The title of this post is 6 figures in 6 months. 6 months is all you would want to spend up here in this hell hole.

Its quite ironic that this thread is so heavily talked about on a site that's dedicated to getting notches. You must ask yourself some serious questions before making a move up here, such as how important is getting laid to you ?

I have to agree with this and that's exactly why if I'm working away from civilization in the oil patch, I have to take at least a few months off each year (took 7 off last time) to go to a foreign poosy paradise and chase women. It isn't, however, impossible to get laid while making big money in the oil sands or elsewhere. If you're working in a remote camp, especially a dry one, then yes its tough, although I managed to bang a couple of camp tramps, they definitely weren't anything to write home about.

If you're actually living in the city of Fort Mac and working close to town, say a 10/4 rotation of 12s, home every night, then its totally possible to have a social circle and somewhat decent lifestyle, get a girl friend or try to pick up at the local night clubs and bars, although competition is fierce. I had a couple of Filipinas on the go up there when I lived in Fort Mac.

I just spent three months straight working in an even bigger shit hole than Fort Mac, a small town called Estevan, Saskatchewan and I managed to get some tail there too, I'll do a proper write up on that town when I get some more free time.

Tokyo, you should write in more detail about your experiences working Alberta.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
09-15-2013 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotian's post:
Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 09-15-2013 09:37 PM