Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Vacancier Permanent Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Guys,
I'm returning to Edmonton on the 2nd of Oct. I'm in the process of securing a place to stay. Not sure whether I should initially stay at the Hi Hostel on Whyte Ave for a week or so and use that time to find a long term place to stay or should I book a room online for a month from here?

What do you guys recommend?
Also, I'm checking places to stay using rentfaster.ca in Edmonton and it is asking which part of town Id want to stay. Can the E town pros give a low down on the various hoods in town and where is a good place to stay, which are to be avoided? Ideally, Id want to be near Whyte Ave.

All in all, I'm very excited about this move. Plus I'm better prepared now than last time around. This time, I will make it as failure is not an option!

Anyone who's in town on Oct 2nd, lets meet up at night at O'Byrne on Whyte ave to have a few drinks.

See you guys in two weeks!Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 06:12 PM by Vacancier Permanent.)
09-16-2013 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Vacancier Permanent's post:
Atlantic, Albertron, DjembaDjemba

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Vacancier Permanent - 09-16-2013 06:06 PM