Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
CallSignBigRed Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(09-16-2013 01:00 PM)scotian Wrote:  
(09-16-2013 11:09 AM)CallSignBigRed Wrote:  That's pretty dumb because my experience is Africans are fucking retarded. You should see how they operate over here in Iraq and afghan.

***retarded when it comes to military/security operations

Speaking of foreign security guards, a friend of mine posted this pic on his Facebook wall with the caption "So I'm pulling in shell security says "hang on I have to do my pray" drops a rain jacket and goes all downward dog on the side of the road.. Is this real life??"

[Image: 2whhxzs.jpg]

Honestly I don't give a shit about religion but if I was the client (contractor, oil company, etc) and I had a line up of trucks full of guys at the security gate waiting for this dude to pray, I'd be pretty pissed off, lost time=wasted money.

I never worked for a security company in regards with oil. I do military contracting that partners with Nato allies such as the brits. But when I was in the military you would see them pray on top of there guard towers. I cant see the picture you posted because they filter shit here in afghan (annoying). afghans will not start praying outside in the rain they can do that shit inside as well.

Hey Scotian even though you don't know me I appreciate the info you have given us on this. I have a few questions. How much money can you make realisticly each year (after taxes) if you have no skills in the areas that are required ( I have combat engineering experience = construction for combat operations.) Do you have to pay for food and housing the entire time? also do you have to pay taxes to Canada and America if you're an American civie?. Right now ill clear 80k here in afghan after its all said and done. Which isn't bad but If I could make more there I would certainly do it in a heart beat. Thanks for your time.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 05:33 AM by CallSignBigRed.)
09-17-2013 05:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - CallSignBigRed - 09-17-2013 05:26 AM