Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
MiddleEastern Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(09-17-2013 09:40 PM)scotian Wrote:  When I first moved to Etown in 06', when the vacancy was near 0% I slept on my bros's chesterfield until he got evicted cuz his rent went up in smoke, a couple months later I then had to move into an apartment with a bunch of dudes from back home. There were 7 of us living in a 3 bedroom apartment near South Gate Mall, I was lucky to sleep on the inflatable mattress when my buddy went outta town, I usually slept on the floor. This was one of the contributing factors to me moving the fuck back to Halifax after 6 months but the point of this post is that you guys have to hustle harder, don't worry so much about potential road blocks like leases and furniture.

Your first few months out west will probably suck!

I'm gonna write a big post here soon enough.

I agree with you. A wise man once said "There is no progress without struggle". I wouldn't mind living with like minded oilfield oriented RFV members, we'll see how this will work because personally I am already in Edmonton and have a good shared place to live in NW, no lease commitments though.
09-17-2013 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - MiddleEastern - 09-17-2013 11:01 PM