Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Kdog Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Ive been shipped to the states for 3-4 weeks to work. Not so bad is its not a camp its in a new hotel with everything you need and we get a nice rental vehicle. The daily food allowance is good to as ill never spend $75 in a day on food, not to mention the daily free breakfast at the hotel which saves even more cash. I will be back in Edmonton (I think) October 7 so hope we can have a meet up guys. But I can't say for sure because if its one thing I've learning working in the oil biz for 6 weeks is that plans ALWAYS change and there are a lot of delays. One day I was scheduled to be going to B.C. for work then 3 hours later it was Manitoba then by the end of the day I had a flight booked to the US. Never make solid plans outside of work and always be available and your employer will love you.
09-21-2013 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Kdog's post:
Vacancier Permanent, PanzerTape, a.canuck

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Kdog - 09-21-2013 11:34 AM