Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Zeus Offline
Robin

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Awesome Swear box. Amazing.

Quote:Me: Hi, if I were to haul my arse (Brit spelling) out to Fort Mac with my CV and show up at your door what would the chances be of someone seeing me on the spot to discuss my chances of getting my foot in the door doing some entry level type job?

HR: Probably zero, but you're welcome to send us your CV and application online. We're currently looking to hire 6 more labourers for an upcoming project. It's a great opportunity to get into the company.

Me: I never saw any labouring positions available on your site.

HR: We didn't advertise them or else we'd be swamped with applications.

This is what I get out of this conversation. The woman was inferring that they 'typically' only hire people who are in Alberta because if they post jobs, they are going to get EVERYONE across Canada applying and waiting for the job to come to them.

Although Swearbox persevered and practically did the impossible, I don't want guys to think this is the norm.

A quick one about me. I had applied to BC Hydro numerous times while still living out east. When I moved to Alberta, I casually applied again to them, I got an interview that week. Nothing had changed in my resume, just my address.

Swearbox!

Just in time for the driest goddam weather imaginable.

As Scotian says "drier than a nuns cunt"

No joke.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 09:06 PM by Zeus.)
10-07-2013 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Zeus's post:
Swearbox, Vacancier Permanent

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Zeus - 10-07-2013 09:06 PM