Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
theking Offline
Sparrow

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hey guys, just want to give a shout out to scotian and everyone else that's been contributing to the thread. Made the move to edmonton several months ago and with the information contained here was able to gain a pre-apprenticeship in welding. Probably won't be back in edmonton for a while but I'll gladly buy you a beer scotian, amoung others.

Working up in fort mac at the moment making pretty good coin for a young guy. If anyone is interested in getting into welding in alberta, I'd recommend checking out the boilermakers 146 union as they have a pretty good apprenticeship program. One should be able to make at least $2500 a week doing as such as a starter (working 10's). One thing I hear a lot of tradesmen talking about is the gradual shift from 12 hour days to 10's. Seems like only a quarter of the jobs I see posted are for 12's...
10-08-2013 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - theking - 10-08-2013 08:28 AM