Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Irishi Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(10-09-2013 03:47 PM)Swearbox Wrote:  Posted to my FB friends earlier today...

"Well for them that don't know I set off for Alberta today to take a job with ClearStream Energy in Fort McMurray. Right now I'm supposed to be at 35000 ft and about an hour into my journey. The ugly reality is the Air Canada bastards wouldn't let me get on the flight as I was 3 minutes past their cutoff time of 45 mins before take off to check in. Soooo I have to wait another 6 hours here in Pearson airport until I can board the next flight out at 8.55 pm ET....oh, and it cost me an extra $84.85 for the privilege as I had to 'change flights'...and to add insult to serious injury the fooking beer is $9.71 a pint. Ask me if I'm happy...no, go on....ask me..."

That said, I'm on my way...only 4 and a half hours to go before I get on the jet ;-)
Jesus man if you can't be on time for your flight think twice bout what you going doing. There are good reasons for strict airport policies, 9/11 may ring a bell, we usually have to be 2 hrs early. Best of luck anyway and get good batteries for your alarm clockIdea
10-10-2013 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Irishi's post:
Swearbox

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Irishi - 10-10-2013 02:47 AM