Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Renton1875 Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hi Guys,newbie to the site here! Big Up's to scotian for starting this thread and many thanks to all the other regulars (u know who u are!) for continuing & adding to the mine(sic) of information needed for getting your arse over there. Irishman, not heard from you in a while, hope uve not burnt your Irish ass off again!! Wink

Anyhowz, my problem is understanding what visa/work permit I need. I'm a skilled tradesman looking to make the move, having checked out the cic & Alberta immigration pages I'm still confused. Do I need to have an offer of employment from an employer in Alberta? or should I apply for AINP program or do I try the skilled workers route. Would be helpful if anyone knew the best, quickest and most successful route for someone my age with a shitload of experience to apply.

Thanks in advance, and with just a touch of luck, may see y'all soon(ish) Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016 02:29 PM by Renton1875.)
10-10-2013 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Renton1875 - 10-10-2013 04:58 PM
<