Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Irishi Offline
Pigeon

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(10-11-2013 10:11 PM)Seadog Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 02:47 AM)Irishi Wrote:  Jesus man if you can't be on time for your flight think twice bout what you going doing. There are good reasons for strict airport policies, 9/11 may ring a bell, we usually have to be 2 hrs early. Best of luck anyway and get good batteries for your alarm clockIdea

I agree he should have been on time, but I don't see what 9-11 has to do with anything? There has always been a cutoff for flights, getting baggage on planes, preparing customer manifests, calculating actual weight and balance etc takes time. I also can't even imagine how a short checkin time would make things less secure? I mean you already know who was going to fly before hand, how would him physically checking in and presenting his passport change anything? Its not like he would bypass security.

I just don't get why people always resort to 9-11 arguments/security. As if that settles it. It's up there with 'think of the children'. The argumentative equivalent of rock in rock-paper-scissors. Nothing beats it.

Then we have the situation we have now with there 'anything for security' types happy to spend all sorts of money and time accomplishing nothing. I'd happily fly with zero security period. Basically then it would be as dangerous as every other activity in life where someone with a concealed bomb could kill you if they were crazy enough to want to. (ie: everywhere but secure area of airport + theme parks + sports stadiums)

I know what you mean Seadog and this is going off topic but airport policies changed massively post 9/11 and anyone who thinks an airline will let them through after closing gates is 5 sheets to the wind. End of.
10-12-2013 02:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Irishi - 10-12-2013 02:44 AM