Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
WesternCancer Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
so I've done a bit of research to get my resume/cover letter game up to speed and am planning on sending out some resumes. (i've found some trainee jobs posted).

I understand it is infinitely easier to land a job when actually in province, so I'm considering this good practice for once I get out there. If I get a response then I'll most likely take the offer and move out there within the month.

One company I was looking at had the exact same position open for 3 different locations. What is the best way to phrase that you're willing to relocate anywhere/any time without sounding desperate?

I was thinking of mentioning the other jobs, but framing it in order of preference. ie. "I saw you had operations in edmonton, fort mac, red deer. My preference is for edmonton, but I am willing to work where needed most."
10-18-2013 01:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - WesternCancer - 10-18-2013 01:23 PM