Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Swearbox Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(10-24-2013 11:27 PM)salmonfella Wrote:  Hey mate I was in contact with this company about a job but for a different trade to yours.. It's 5 years work on a Nexan site right? I was told there is camp offered were you not offered that? What is the company like overall? Did thy include and tools and winter gear for you? Sorry for all the questions just trying to Suss out the best company for me.. Anyone on here in the IBEW 424!??

Camp accommodation is offered but they only fly in/out to Calgary & Edmonton...I'm from Ontario so I took the option to find local accommodation (for which the company gives me $1k a month towards the cost).

It's very early to take a view on the company overall as I've only been with them for about 10 days plus I'm brand new to this industry and have no other companies / site experience to use for comparison purposes. That said, I haven't come across any out and out dickheads amongst the crew we have so far (around 200 guys and girls).

There is a tool crib here on site that is slowly getting more and more tools in. All of our PPE is provided and I'm told that winter gear is part of our clothing issue (I already have been issued with a pretty decent outer jacket (fire retardant and very warm).

SB
10-24-2013 11:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Swearbox's post:
Vacancier Permanent, WesternCancer, scotian

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Swearbox - 10-24-2013 11:49 PM