Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
WesternCancer Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Good stuff swearbox, when you're quoting prices for housing is that for Edmonton?

What kind of places are these guys in (niceness wise) because looking on craigslist I've found a bunch of places you can get a room for ~500/mth.

Also update on my end: I think I'm going to hold off on getting a car until I get to Alberta. The hassle of changing over insurance/registration/whatever coupled with my complete inexperience at driving in the winter would mean almost certain death driving thru the rockies in december lol.

Anyone have any data on Saskatchewan. I think scotian mentioned he went there. Are there similar opportunities out there? My buddy is out there and said I could stay with him till I find a job, but I think hes just trying to trick me into going there since its so damn boring, ha.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 01:29 AM by WesternCancer.)
10-25-2013 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes WesternCancer's post:
MunichSux

Messages In This Thread
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - WesternCancer - 10-25-2013 12:57 AM